Monday, January 19, 2015

the "P" in P-bass stands for "PCB" of course - custom pickguard build

The woman in the Chinese electronics market stall offering PCB production services could not understand why I wanted to buy her random display PCB and not order one made to my schematics. Paying $10 for it I said "it's for art" but I'm sure she still thought I was a plain crazy foreigner.

I cut the PCB down to the approximate outline with a scroll saw, wearing out 4 blades in the process. Then I routed it down to the final shape with a copy bit. Since the PCB is quite thin, I did not chamfer the edges but left them square. I did countersink the screw holes though.

the bass is a Japanese Seiwa Century Royal from the late 80's

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-p-in-p-bass-stands-for-pcb-of-course-custom-pickguard-build.1128422/#post-16847139





No comments: